Sunday, May 6, 2012
First I would like to mention that I have contacted Ableton and have received permission to freely distribute the Ableton Live Intro "template/Live Set" (.als) file that works along with the software utility I have developed. This is very good news for anyone who is interested in this project including myself. This will cut down on the time it takes to get the software utility up and running from the time of purchase. It also saves me from writing a whole section dedicated on how to setup the Ableton Live Intro "template/Live Set" (.als) file from scratch. So I have already made allot of changes to the user manual.
There has been a slight delay (for the best)...
About 4 days ago, I had a few more idea's that would be great for the software utility so I had put the manual temporarily to the side. I had easily added one important feature without any problems at all. In the process of working out the greatest new feature I had thought up, I had came across a slight problem. When entering/recording in a new beat pattern into an empty MIDI clip in Ableton Live Intro for the first iteration (first time around) there is no problem at all. But let's say we want to do some MIDI Overdub, the problem is the playback of the MIDI notes that were pre-recorded in the MIDI clip ends up being processed again in an infinite amount, recording what has already been recorded over itself, that is only if the pattern building feature in the software utility is enabled. In order to enter in "additional" beat information at this time, the pattern building feature must be disabled. I plan on coming up with a fix for this (a MIDI playback firewall), but it may take some time. Even though I had ran into this problem I had also made some great progress on cleaning up unnecessary code today. In fact the code I had deleted wasn't obviously erroneous, but once I made the revision it had became absolutely apparent, *(clean code = better performance).